Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007

correction of the first test

Task 1

Dear Toni,

Yesterday I bought a picture at an art exhibition, which I like a lot, because the artist Norman Rockwell can draw very well.

In the front there is an Afro-American girl, maybe seven years old, who is carrying some school stuff with her. And there are four white men (they actually don’t look very white and so I think they are from Cuba =)) who are Deputy US Marshalls. You can’t see their heads. In the background there is a dirty wall with a red stein on it. It looks like blood, but if you look on the ground, you see that the stain was caused by a tomato which had been thrown at the wall. It you look more closely, you see that in the background on the wall is written the word “NIGER”.

The picture evokes a sad feeling. It reminds me of the apartheid in the 50’s. I think the policemen are protecting the little girl. She looks scared and the policemen all walk in the same wax with the right hand in front.

If you want to see the picture, you have to visit me. I’d be glad to see you again.

Yours, Magdalena

Keine Kommentare: